Our event will run from June 4th through June 9th, 2018. We will be offering 6, $500 purchase prizes and $450 a day in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards. Artists will have the chance to sell their works on Saturday, June 9th. Artists will also have the opportunity to exhibit their Steelville Plein Air work at Gallery Zeke from June 10th through July 1st.
Rules, Considerations, and Expectations
- All Artists must check in each day at Gallery Zeke. Each day blank surfaces must be stamped with the current day’s stamp. Artist check-in will begin at 7 am at Gallery Zeke.
- No pets will be allowed at painting sites.
- All artwork needs to be done entirely on location “en plein air” (not from photos) within the region of the event. All artists are required to provide a biography (for PR) not larger than 1 page including photo.
- All artists have the opportunity to sell their work on Saturday, the 9th, and will be assigned areas to display their work (can include studio work) up to 24 sq. feet. (Artists must supply walls or easels to display their works). The commissions for paintings sold will be 30%. All sales will be handled by the Arts Council Staff.
- All works must be checked back in and framed by 4:45 pm. All entered works must be for sale. Daily judging will occur at 5 pm. Artists are not allowed in the gallery during judging.
- Artists are invited to paint in all public areas, but must not obstruct roadways, business entries, etc. out of courtesy to others and for your own safety.
- All winning works with the exception of purchase awards, will be in the live auction during the Gala Friday, June 8th (a starting bid of $200 starts the auction, commission will be 30%). You may attend the auction at 7:30 for no charge.
- All artwork presented for judging may be photographed and reproduced for non-commercial promotion by the Steelville Arts Council.
Liability and Insurance: While precautions are taken to safeguard artwork in possession of the Steelville Arts Council and the participants during the plein air event, the Steelville Arts Council accepts no liability for loss or damage to artwork or for any personal injury incurred during the participation in this event. Artists are strongly encouraged to insure their own person and artwork.