October 9th – 12th, 2019
Our event will run from October 9th – 12th, 2019. We will be offering $500 purchase prize and $450 a day in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards. Artist will be given the choice to paint sunrise, sunset or a nocturne be be judged Friday morning with the same prize amounts. Artists will have the chance to sell their works on Saturday, October 12th at gallery Zeke.
Rules, Considerations, and Expectations
- Artists must check in upon arrival. The gallery will be open October 9th, 10th and 11th at 7:00 am for the artist’s convenience. No stamping for this Fall Plein Air event will be required.
- Artists shall not arrive at private residence to paint prior to 7 a.m. or risk disqualification.
- No pets will be allowed at painting sites.
- All artwork needs to be done entirely on location “en plein air” (not from photos) within the region of the event.
- All artists are required to provide a biography (for PR) not larger than 1 page including photo.
- All artists have the opportunity to sell their work on Saturday, the 12th, and will be assigned areas to display their work. The commissions for paintings sold will be 30%. All sales will be handled by the Arts Council Staff.
- All works must be checked back in and framed by 4:30 pm. All entered works must be for sale. Daily judging will occur at 5 pm. The one exception is the artist’s choice of sunrise, sunset or nocturne, instructions to be given during the event. Artists are not allowed in the gallery during judging.
- Artists are invited to paint in all public areas, but must not obstruct roadways, business entries, etc. out of courtesy to others and for your own safety.
- All artwork presented for judging may be photographed and reproduced for non-commercial promotion by the Steelville Arts Council.
- Due to budgetary considerations there are no refunds on registrations.
Liability and Insurance: While precautions are taken to safeguard artwork in possession of the Steelville Arts Council and the participants during the plein air event, the Steelville Arts Council accepts no liability for loss or damage to artwork or for any personal injury incurred during the participation in this event. Artists are strongly encouraged to insure their own person and artwork.