Gallery Zeke is currently accepting college student artist’s submissions for the Fifth Annual
College Student Art Exhibition. Exhibit runs from Thursday, March 1 through Saturday, March 24, 2018. Gallery Zeke is open from 10AM to 4 PM, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. All artwork is reviewed and chosen by a Visual Arts Committee.
Students may submit up to three entries. Submissions must be submitted electronically by the Deadline: Midnight, Sunday, February 11, 2018. If your submission is accepted, you will
be notified by email and the Visual Arts Committee will work with you on scheduling your
participation. Gallery Zeke provides promotional support (e-mail and postcard announcements, website posting, and press release (creation/distribution), basic gallery insurance, installation and lighting assistance and an artists’ reception on closing day, Saturday, March 24, 1 to 4PM.
Artist Submissions via email must include:
- No more than 3 images submitted electronically to
- Images should be formatted as .jpg files and sent at a resolution (300dpi).
- The images must be accompanied by an image list including the title, medium and
dimensions of the work, along with a given image number.
- Images must be titled with name of the artist, image number corresponding to image list,
medium, size and sale price if artwork is for sale. Ex: Title, image #, medium, size, price.
- You are encouraged sell your work. If your artwork is accepted for display, a contract will
be emailed to you describing sales information which includes a 30% commission to the
gallery. The contract must be returned prior to the show.
- Digital images should have clear indication of top and bottom.
- Complete contact information including name, address, phone number, email address,
and website (if applicable).
- Vitae, resume, artist statement, college or university you are attending, and any
additional support information.
- A written proposal that explains the scope of the work you wish to exhibit and how it
works within the space.
- A list of any specialized needs not covered by the provisions mentioned above
including any unusual space requirements or installation requirements.
- Work must be completed by a student currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Work submitted must have been created within the last 24 months. Work must be delivered ready to hang, with appropriate wiring/hardware.
- Work must be delivered to Gallery Zeke Sunday, February 25, 2018. Gallery Zeke reserves the right to reject work that differs substantially in quality or content from the work that was
- Students are encouraged to attended the closing reception on Saturday, March 24, 1 to 4PM.
The Mission of Gallery Zeke is to Introduce Contemporary Art Exhibits which Stimulate
Awareness of Visual & Performing Art Disciplines throughout the Steelville, Missouri area. The Steelville Arts Council promotes the arts through awareness, appreciation, education and creates a connection between artists and audiences to enrich the quality of life for all.