The Steelville Arts Council nourishes the arts community through education, performance and exhibition. This 501 C (3) not-for profit organization that offers the best in all art disciplines: visual arts, music, folk art and crafts, dance, theatre and poetry.
An internship with the Steelville Arts Council would be tailored to your interest. You will be assisting artists and STARCO volunteers on a variety of projects. The internships may provide unique exposure to an artist’s studio. There will be significant interaction with artists and STARCO volunteers with a lot of interesting things to do. No matter what you intern in, you will be in a vibrant atmosphere, surrounded by people passionate about the arts. This is a great opportunity to get hands on work experience!
Responsibilities: Responsibilities will depend on your interest and the Steelville Arts Council’s needs, they may include:
- Event planning
- Assisting in grant writing
- Working with youth
- Marketing and Public Relations;
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Retail sales
Requirements: As a prospective intern, you should have an interest in the arts and in becoming more experienced with the atmosphere and work of a non-profit organization. Candidates could have an interest in art business or marketing, be a person who is interested in the curatorial side of art or someone who wants to be an artist.
- Candidates must be intelligent, self-motivated, organized, and well-spoken and have a sense of humor.
- The ideal candidate should be highly organized, hardworking, responsible, flexible, honest, friendly, good with people, resourceful and open to learning.
- A 6 to 12 week commitment, at least 20 hours per week of availability, and reliable transportation is also required.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, but must be 18 or above at time of internship. Housing and studios are smoke, pet and drug free environments.
Accommodations: Free housing will be provided as needed, however, interns must provide their personal living expenses including healthcare, meals, telephone charges, travel and personal expenses.
Location: Steelville, Missouri is located approximately 80 miles southwest of the city of St. Louis, 8 miles south of interstate 44 on highway 19.